Monday, November 10, 2014

TweetDeck or HootSuite?


The moment I begun this blog I knew that I was going to create other accounts on other social media platforms in order to share my passion of healthy living. As I am an aspiring Public Relations Practitioner, measurement is key to evaluating the effectiveness of any strategy that is implemented.
I therefore used social media management platforms TweetDeck and HootSuite and have being comparing them. My favourite? Definitely HootSuite.

Although HootSuite only works online, unlike TweetDeck which has applications that you can access on your desktop, the advantages still outweigh that of TweetDeck.

Hootsuite is an excellent platform which enables you to connect to more social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, mixi and WordPress. Whereas TweetDeck is limited to Facebook and Twitter (therefore is ineffective if you are looking to manage other social media platforms). HootSuite has many more features to offer and you can even personalise your dashboard through the colour theme customisation settings.  

Although I prefer HootSuite, TweetDeck is a platform that is free to use if you are looking at not spending any money in order to check your updates and engage with your audiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment